[GRASS-user] Re: Installing r.area

LeeDaniel Lee.Daniel.1986 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 09:50:52 EDT 2010

Phew, I didn't think it'd be so complicated ;) Sorry! And the question mark
that should be an equals sign was a typo as I was typing that line over (the
other stuff I copy-pasted, but I'm a fast typer that's lazy with the mouse
so I didn't do it for those two lines).

As far as the binaries are concerned, in that case I got the files by
running
g.extension r.area
in the terminal within a GRASS session. I'd downloaded GRASS from the
OpenSUSE Geo-Repository (URL:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/openSUSE_11.3/).

The binaries had later on were obtained with the command
svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/ grass-addons
performed in the terminal outside a GRASS session.

Best,
Daniel