[GRASS-user] Header information for Radiometric Correction

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 1 05:25:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM, katrin eggert
<katrineggert1980 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus and the rest of the people
>
>> The files in the indicated FTP directory are in a different
>> file format.
>> If you look at the .hdr files therein, you'll find the metadata easily.
>> They are in ASCII format, too.
>>
> But the code refers to a *.met file right?

Right.

> So I was not "reading" the code wrong. So I just need to substitute *.met
> for  the new metadata?

Unfortunately not since the format (i.e. keywords) is different. You would need
to write a parsing script (shell, Python, etc).
Trick: open the file and read it :)

If you don't need to import many files, the manual composition of the
METASTRING variable will take you only few minutes at most.

>> > I need to import Landsat-7 image with all that information...
>>
>> r.in.gdal should be able to import these data without problems.
>>
> But r.in.gdal only imports the data not the metadata. Right?

Right.

>> > Even at NC_SPM landsat dataset, onlyu 2002 has Metadata information.
>> > 1987 doesn't have that.
>>
>> Unfortunately various formats are used... But luckily most (all?) are
>> understood
>> by GDAL, so r.in.gdal should do the job. You can also obtain metadata
>> information
>> with
>>  gdalinfo filename
>>
> And how can I automatically incorporate the metadata, specially from a
> external file, into imported file?

You can use r.support for that:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.support.html

r.support mapname history="$METASTRING"