[GRASS-user] modis data

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 15:10:58 EDT 2010

bharath s wrote:
>         iam working on modis data (mydo9q1 250 m) using
> grass (gis) software.  i   want to overlay google earth
> boundary for southindia..  after geocorrection on modis data...
> but the boundaries are not matching. please help me to solve
> this problem. is the projecton playing any role in it ?
> actually iam  using lat/long  and datum as wgs84.

I would try to use the natural earth vector boundary instead of
Google's one.

see 1:10 million, 1:50 million and 1:110million scale maps from
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Global_datasets#Natural_Earth_imagery

if 1:10m is too crude for you, there NOAA's coastline extractor
+ v.in.mapgen, or v.in.gshhs from wiki addons; or others listed
on the above wiki page.

see also  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/MODIS

Hamish