[GRASS-user] Using v.distance between two identical layers...

devaux at supagro.inra.fr devaux at supagro.inra.fr
Wed Jun 2 09:30:10 EDT 2010

Hi,
do you know if it's possible to use v.distance command when "for" and
"to" layers are
the same layer ?
I have a layer describing ecological areas of interest and I want to
qualify spatial
relation between all patches. I want to identify and calculate
shortest relation between
all my patches boundaries.

How can I do as v.distance command doesn't have any option like :
eliminate identical
objects from the "from" and "to" layer ?

I'd like to use this particular command because of the option that
create lines between
nearest objects.

Thanks

Nicolas