[GRASS-user] Georrectify and nearest neighbor

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 3 17:59:46 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Jenny Turner <jennyturner1980 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Jenny Turner and I've been using  georrectify graphical module in
> WxpyTHon GRASS6.4. I saw a video of the proceeding but I would like to know
> if there is a description or a tutorial of what to do and how.

Please take a look here:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Georeferencing

> I have
> understand what I have to do but I need to explain to other persons
> (non-grass users :) ).
> Just one more thing: Is it used any resampling to the data or only nearest
> neighbor?

Currently nearest neighbor. There may be a chance to have a choice in
future in GRASS 7 to also use other methods.
Please note that many resampling algorithms are already present in
GRASS, just not yet integrated with the image processing part.

Markus