[GRASS-user] use of v.surf.rst on big datasets with low memory

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Sun Jun 6 11:17:37 EDT 2010

Le 06/06/2010 00:00, Hamish a écrit :
> Jean Roc wrote:
>> I'm trying to build a regional DEM based on a contour line
>> map (3D vector) using v.surf.rst but the process fails with
>> an memory allocation error when I set my region to a 50m
>> resolution.
>
> what does 'g.region -p' say?  (config ->  region ->  display region)

Here is the output :

projection: 99 (Lambert Conformal Conic)
zone:       0
datum:      towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      7101577
south:      6991409
west:       597190
east:       713347
nsres:      50.00817068
ewres:      50.00301334
rows:       2203
cols:       2323
cells:      5117569

The outcome of v.surf.rst is the same (G_malloc error) when used on a
smaller region with a smaller resolution, in any cases I've tried if the
number of points is over 2 millions it fails.

Regards,
Jean Roc