[GRASS-user] Temporal Analysis

Dylan Beaudette debeaudette at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 7 12:58:06 EDT 2010

On Monday 07 June 2010, Nikos Dumakis wrote:
> Thank you Martin.
>
> I realized that one of the functions that I need, (counter of values bellow
> a certain threshold) is not available in r.series. Do you know, or do you
> have any suggestion, how to perform this?
> Thanks
>
> Best regards
> Nikos

Hi Nikos,

I can't seem to find it right now, but there was a discussion a while back
regarding user-defined functions for r.series. I don't think anything came
out of it, but one of the Martins or Markus' (I think) was able to put some
nice working into a more consolidated stats library. Others may recall more
details.

The basic premise: implement a mechanism by which a vector (i.e. the array of
values defined by a single cell but sliced through a time series of rasters)
could be passed to an R function, python function, etc. that would do its
work and return a scalar to GRASS. This seems like it would be hard to
implement, but would add tremendous flexibility to time series analysis.

Another approach might be to use the 'raster' package for R.

Cheers,
Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette