[GRASS-user] Re: Problems with v.what.rast

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Wed Jun 9 04:40:57 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

I tried the commandthat Micha suggested v.db.addcol map=Contour_points_cats at PERMANENT layer=1
columns="rast_value double precision" but this age the following error

v.db.addcol Contour_points_cats col=rast_value DOUBLE PRECISION
Sorry <DOUBLE> is not a valid option
Sorry <PRECISION> is not a valid option

So through the GUI I added a column to the attribute table which gave the command line out put
v.db.addcol map=Contour_points_cats at PERMANENT layer=1 {columns=rast_value double precision}

cheers!