[GRASS-user] Re: Problems with v.what.rast

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Wed Jun 9 05:37:20 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have deleted the column I added and tried all command line permutations of
v.db.addcol map=Contour_points_cats at PERMANENT layer=1 `col="rast_value DOUBLE PRECISION"`
v.db.addcol map=Contour_points_cats at PERMANENT layer=1 `columns="rast_value DOUBLE PRECISION"`
that have so far been given in this thread, again with quotes and without. Unfortunately it does not recognise this command, which I why I used the GUI

The GUI is tcltk on GRASS 6.4

Micha - I have checked the points are within the raster (they were created from a contour map of the raster). The region is consistent with both the raster and vector

Thanks!