[GRASS-user] Problems with v.what.rast

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Thu Jun 10 03:43:36 EDT 2010

Good Morning,

So yesterday, with lots of help from Micha and Martin, I got a vector file with a new column using bash. However when I try to run v.what.rast I get the continuous error

v.what.rast vector=Contour_points_cats at PERMANENT raster=dartmoor1 at PERMANENT layer=1 column=rast_value
"No record for category 553 in table <Contour_points_cats>
No record for category 263 in table <Contour_points_cats>
No
record for category 668 in table <Contour_points_cats>" etc etc

then the tool crashes without writing any values to the vector. I have checked that all points are both within the region and the raster extent and that the column type is correct for my float raster. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Many thanks for reading,
Rebecca