[GRASS-user] LiDAR Data? & local relief modelling

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Thu Jun 10 03:58:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, Mark Seibel wrote:

 This is a great resource.  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/LIDAR#Micro-tutorial

I concur - I have spent the last 6 months or so using GRASS to process point and ESRI grid lidar data for archaeological purposes & I am now attempting to use local relief modelling to extract microtopography (archaeological features) more efficiently from mountainous regions by removing the macrotopography.

I'd be really interested to hear from anyone else who has tried this type of analysis with lidar data in GRASS.

Cheers!
Rebecca Bennett
Postgraduate Researcher
Bournemouth University, UK