[GRASS-user] polygons and centroids redux

Dave Roberts dvrbts at ecology.msu.montana.edu
Fri Jun 11 11:17:40 EDT 2010

Thanks Markus!

     I think it would indeed be handy if a switch was added to v.what and
d.what.vect in GRASS 7.  In the meantime it might be handy to write a
v.pip command for GRASS 6.  I have written a point-in-polygon routine
for other software (including R), but I would have to really study the
file structures of GRASS vectors to attempt that in GRASS.   If any
GRASS programmers are interested let me know and perhaps we could work
it out as an add-on.

Thanks, Dave R