[GRASS-user] Raster Import

Kyaw Moe Aung kyawmoeaung.kyawmoe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 01:43:15 EDT 2010

Dear List,
I am new user for Grass GIS. I have some questions regarding Jpg or tiff
import. When I use r.in.gdal which created 3 separate files as rgb. Then I
use r.patch to combine rgb. After that i.point and i.rectify. From this i
have to digitize river, stream, road, etc. So my question is as follow:
Can i remove unrectified former 3 seperate rgb files?
Is there any module to import without creating rgb because this increase the
memory usage? I have to import more than hundreds of scanned Jpg, tiff.
Can i crop the imported image without using other image software such as
gimp or photoshop, etc?
Thanks for any hint

--
U Kyaw Moe Aung, Staff Officer