[GRASS-user] Re: Compiling GRAS on Windows- Log and error

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 14:54:24 EDT 2010

António Rocha wrote:
> but, I believe you will have to change grass/include/make
> (Platform.make ) in order to be adequate with your
> installation.
> By the way, shoudl Luisa change Platform.make from
> include/make/Platform.make in source code or in the
> GRASS-desktop that she installed with OSGEO4W?

fwiw for compiling out-of-source-tree addon modules I have set up a bash
shell alias called `gmake65`:      (...old habits die hard)

alias   gmake65='make MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/local/src/grass/svn/develbranch_6/'

(and others for 6.4 and 7)

As I don't formally install it (I just run out of the build dir) I don't
know if it should actually be pointing at the build dir or the install
lib dir, but it works for me.

maybe it helps,
Hamish