[GRASS-user] Compiling winGRASS with OSGEO4w- #2

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Jun 14 15:23:12 EDT 2010

Luisa Peña wrote:

> About our prevous conversation here goes the compilation of Wingrass with
> OSGEO4w following a tip from Martin (not installing GRASS desktop from
> OSGEO4W)
>

> 1- I identified the extra modles that GRASS-desktop installation requires
> and installed only  thse (except GRASS_locale and GRASS_gdal).
>
> 2- Run all thee steps from
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows#CompilingandInstallinguntil
> COMPILING AND  INSTALLING GRASS (GRASS6.4.0) step 1.
>
> 3- Downloaded a Weekly snapshot from here
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/snapshot/  (
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/snapshot/grass-6.4.svn_src_snapshot_2010_06_12.tar.gz
> )
>
> 4- Unpack gz and then tar to c:\osgeo4\usr\src
>
> 5- Inside C:\osgeo4w\usr\src\grass-6.4.svn_src_snapshot_2010_06_12 I
> runned:
> ./mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh
> (currently, no folder named grass is in c:/osgeo4w/apps)
>
> - in my first (3) attempts I got errors in libraries that I installed in
> step 6 of the Wiki.  I had to Reinstalled them.
>
> - log  includes my log file from this process (at:
> http://pastebin.com/UdhLyv6f)

Says:

gcc -shared -o /c/osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.4.svn_src_snapshot_2010_06_12/dist.i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libgrass_psdriver.6.4.0svn.dll ...

      0 [main] sh 432 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to sh.exe.stackdump

The linker crashed trying to generate libgrass_psdriver. This will
cause build failures for libraster and libdisplay, then for all d.*
modules.

Unfortunately, I don't have any answer to this.

> QUESTION1:How can I add   Python support to yes ? ( I will need Wxpython and
> use  pythonscripts and probably pygdal)

You'll need to figure this out yourself. The --with-python option
requires python-config, which isn't provided on Windows. It also
requires SWIG.

But even if you manage to get that to work, I've never managed to
successfully link against the wxWidgets libraries with MinGW.

However: note that --with-python isn't required for Python scripts,
and --with-wxwidgets isn't required for the GUI.