[GRASS-user] Compiling winGRASS with OSGEO4w- #2

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Jun 15 18:50:00 EDT 2010

Hi Luisa,

>Hi,
>Back again with this issue. Thanks Helmut and Antonio for your help but so
>far I haven't manage to compile GRASS using OSGEO4W. (and it seems that
>neither Antonio)
>Since Glynn told me that I might have some issues with newer versions I
>decided to use older versions of prebuilt and MinGW packages.
[...]
>Ok So the problem now is: libgrass_rowio.dll. How can I debug this dll and
>How can I create it? And what might be happening?
>This was a HUGE IMPROVE :)
>
>Thank you
>Luisa

I've done a completly new installation of my osgeo4w-installation on my WinVista32-box to get the latest osgeo4w-setup and followed the
wiki (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows#Pre-builtBinaries) for installing
all dependencies, prebuilt libraries and utilities etc.

I've choosen the way with TortoiseSVN to get a completly new svn-checkout at revision 42566
(see the wiki B) Graphical user interface based:
Alternatively, get TortoiseSVN, a plugin for Windows
Explorer, which can be used for managing the local source tree.) in C:\OSGeo4W\usr\src\grass64svn.

I can't reproduce your error, Grass64 is compiling fine and I'm able to start Grass64 in
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\bin (in the osgeo4w-msys-shell) by grass64 -wx.

so I would suggest a completely new setup of the compiling-environment following the
wiki (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows).

maybe there was any error in the setup of the compiling-environment.

HTH
Helmut
WEB.DE DSL ab 19,99 Euro/Monat. Bis zu 150,- Euro Startguthaben und
50,- Euro Geldprämie inklusive! https://freundschaftswerbung.web.de