[GRASS-user] Using Tck/tk vector digitizer for training areas

Jenny Turner jennyturner1980 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 11:55:08 EDT 2010

Hi Micha and GRASS-users/list

Let me see if I get this straight
1- use v.digit (e.g.  v.digit -n map=vector00 bgcmd=d.rast map=lsat5_1987_40
)
2- Inside tcltk's digitizing menu select Digitize new Centroid
3- Leave layer as 1?
4- Change Mode to Manual Entry?
5- And for each Centroid I select a Cat right?
(Is this the proceeding?)

About this, I have two questions:
a- I have to leave "Insert New record into table" checked right?
b- After I left "Insert New record into table" checked, Layer 1 and Cat 1
and Mode: Manual Entry, when I presss in the image a Error Window appeared
stating: Database table for this layer is not defined. Where shall i define
the database table for a new vectorial that I digitizing?
c- When I press the image a point is created but how can I define the
boundaries of the centroid?

Thanks
Jenny