[GRASS-user] profile and tangential curvature negative XY coordinates

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Jun 19 14:54:34 EDT 2010

On 06/15/2010 08:17 AM, Edgar Pimiento wrote:
> Hello all,

Welcome:
> I am a new GRASS 6.4 user (1 month). I want to calculate topograhic
> parameters (profile and tangential curvatures) from a 1-m DEM that has
> negative XY coordinates (EPSG2446) north -210,000 south -213,000 west
> -60,500 east -55,500. Resulting rasters have extremely large values.

SO your region is 3 km X 5 km, or 3000 m X 5000 m (I'll assume you have
the region resolution set to 1 m?? Check this with g.region -p)
In this case you'll be working with a raster of 15,000,000 cells. It's a
large region by not unreasonable size. With any recent computer you
should be able to do profiles and curvature.
What are the values that you say are "extremely large"??

> Is it because of spatial reference? is there a workaournd?
>
> I appreciate any comment. Thank you,
> Edgar Pimiento Chamorro
> e_pimiento at yahoo.com

Micha Silver