[GRASS-user] bash script

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 04:55:16 EDT 2010

Sandile Gumede wrote:
> I'm using ubuntu, I installed grass from the synaptic. So the script to
> start grass is in /usr/bin then the file name is grass64
> (/usr/bin/grass64) and the scripts are in /usr/lib/grass64 then inside
> grass64 folder you get other folder like scripts and so on. That is why
> in my script I wrote:

Then your GISBASE should be /usr/lib/grass64

The location of /usr/bin/grass64 is irrelevant - it is only a startup
script to set appropriate environment variables, etc. You are doing all
this in your script so you don't need to use the grass64 script at all
(and GRASS doesn't need it for anything else).

Hopefully that makes it clearer?

Paul