[GRASS-user] v.out.ogr issue

daniel mcinerney daniel.o.mcinerney at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 07:35:43 EDT 2010

Hi List,
I'm having trouble exporting a GRASS vector file
using v.out.ogr. The file contains 1 million
areas and its attributes are stored in a
postgresql table (view of joined tables and
connected to geometry using v.db.connect).

When I run the following command:

v.out.ogr -c type=area input=g1km dsn=/tmp/shp

I get the following error:

99%
dbmi: Out of Memory
ERROR: Cannot select attributes for cat = 991956

I can successfully create the shp file using the
above procedure for a small vector file containing
400 areas, but I'm wondering if it's possible to export
the large dataset?

I'm running GRASS 6.5.svn on Linux and have compiled it
with --enable-largefile.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.