[GRASS-user] ps.map legend with rgbcolumn colors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 3 13:08:52 EST 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Luigi Ponti wrote:

> I haven't been able to find this in previous discussions but it seems like a
> trivial yet impossible (for me) to solve thing.

Luigi,

   I think you missed my question on the same subject from late last week.

> raster shadedRelief

> I would like to print a categorical legend with the same colors as the
> rgbcolumn, but I only get one gray color that is different from the

   You want a legend of the category colors for your shaded relief map?

   First, the shaded relief map is always in greys; from the Description
section in the man page, "The map is assigned a grey-scale color table."

   Second, if you want to drape a colored map on a 3D base use d.shademap
("d.shadedmap - Drapes a color raster over a shaded relief map using d.his".)

   Third, within ps.map use the colortable stanza to present a legend of
raster category colors.

Rich