[GRASS-user] How to embed a grass script (for example v.db.addcol) into a Pythonscript on windows?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Mar 4 16:23:53 EST 2010

Sonja Jankowfsky wrote:

> I deleted all reference to the to the scripts directory in the PATH, but
> I still have the same problem:
>
> '""' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne ou externe, un
> programme ex�cutable ou un fichier de commandes.

I think it's saying:

	'""' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
	operable program or batch file.

That suggests that GRASS_SH isn't set. The batch files used to invoke
scripts all contain a command of the form:

	@"%GRASS_SH%" -c '"%GISBASE%/scripts/v.db.addcol" %*'

If GRASS_SH isn't set, that becomes:

	@"" -c '"%GISBASE%/scripts/v.db.addcol" %*'

When starting GRASS via the grass64.bat file, GRASS_SH should end up
being set to "c:\msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe". I believe that the installers
override this setting to use a copy which is installed in the GRASS
directory.