[GRASS-user] Re: GRASS6.4.0 Ubuntu updates

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 00:02:36 EST 2010

Luisa Peña wrote:
> Besides SVN and Linux/GNU generic weekly
> snapshots, is there any other way to easily update GRASS for
> ubuntu? like a special Ubuntu distribvution  GRASS 6.4.0
> Weekly snapshot ?

see also
 http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu

although I believe it easier to use the debuild/pbuilder/cowbuild
method shown in the grass source code debian/readme file.

I do not recommend building GOES, PROJ.4, GDAL, and the GDAL-
GRASS plugin by hand unless you absolutely must. There are fine
OS packages for all of them already.

With some advanced warning there can be some people on hand
to hold a session talking users through the process on GRASS's
IRC channel.

Hamish