[GRASS-user] SQL and GRASS

Gary Nobles garynobles at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 09:02:51 EST 2010

GRASS is connected to a MySQL data base

I want to select polygons which are not 0
so do I do:

d.vect  SiteGrid3 where "SquareNumber<>0 "
or
v.db.select map=SiteGrid3 column=square_no where=<>0

I have a second non spatial table described below(right)

grass SiteGrid3  (one)            Pottery table (many)
|cat|SquareNumber|            |SquareNumber|Type|
|1   |1                 |            |1                  |mug |
|2   |2                 |            |1                  |mug |
|3   |3                 |            |1                  |mug |
it continues...

so now I want to select the square number but be able to use v.what to
return the amount of pottery.

Any ideas? This is easy in sql but I want to show it in GRASS

Thanks

Gary