[GRASS-user] ps.map: One Script Works, One Doesn't

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Mar 10 05:17:36 EST 2010

Hamish wrote:

> text 77% 30% Slope (Degrees)
>

> ( and ) need to be quoted like \( and \).
>
> see the documentation for the "comments" instruction, I guess it
> applies to "text" as well.
>
> PostScript uses () as the beginning/end delimiter for text
> strings.

PostScript recognises balanced parentheses within strings (making it
one of the few languages which cannot be tokenised using regular
expressions). Only unbalanced parentheses need to be escaped.

OTOH, ps.map should probably be escaping parentheses and backslashes
within string literals, rather than relying upon the user to do it.