[GRASS-user] Help test GRASS on the OSGeo LiveDVD

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 01:15:24 EST 2010

Hi there,

FYI GRASS 6.4.0rc5 has been included on the new Live DVD/virtual
machine/USB stick put out by OSGeo, along with NC and Spearfish sample
data and some getting started docs. (and about 30 other free geo projects
to try) The LiveDVD will be handed out to hundreds of people at various
conferences over the few next months.

I don't have the bandwidth to download the entire thing from where I am
and it goes off to the printers very soon, so if anyone is interested and
able to check it out and test that all is working as expected it would
really help out. It's sort of a bad look if our app doesn't work
correctly!

version 3.0rc4 (or newer) at:
  http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/

See the main help icon on the desktop for getting started info such as
location of the sample data.

thanks,
Hamish