[Fwd: [GRASS-user] r.cost vs. costallocation (arcgis)]

António M . Rodrigues amrodrigues at fcsh.unl.pt
Mon Mar 15 07:41:57 EDT 2010

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Hamish wrote
> r.grow or r.grow.distance?

r.grow uses 1 of 3 methods to calculate distances: euclidean, maximum and manhatan. In my case,
distances are calculated based on an anisotropic surface, where cost of crossing each cell is based on
factors such as slope, type of road, etc.

r.cost is good for me, but it only calculates distances; not what I call "allocation surfaces" (code of the
nearest target.