[GRASS-user] Suggestions for backward modelling of a river system

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 17:12:15 EDT 2010

One can't turn back time, still I also have been thinking about
playing with erosion models in backwards mode. If it's possible to
calculate current erosion rate and eroded material ammount, it should
be possible to add erroded material to DEM, repeat erosion model run
on new DEM and in such way back for some K years (runs). It will not
take into account all possible events, still for some landscapes it
might work rather well (think - no high mountain areas or territories
with often landslides etc.).

Maris.