[GRASS-user] trouble with vector works

Achim Kisseler ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 18 13:03:43 EDT 2010

On 18.03.2010 17:35, sarah moore wrote:
> To fellow grass gis users:
> I am having trouble with vector works data going into grass gis. Has
> anyone else ran into this problem? I have not tried using syntax,
> instead I used the pull down files: File-Import Vector map-DXF import-
> resulting in "illegal vector map name".

Illegal map name would be one with a "-" e.g.
Whats the name you have chosen?

File-Import Vector map-import
> various data using OGR-result"Error .shx file. unable or corrupt:.
> Sarah Moore

Whats the original data type exactly? shape-files shouldnt be a problem
with OGR-import.

Sometimes I try out QGIS, where importing often works out of the box,
but doesnt create the grass stable topology.

Achim