[GRASS-user] still trouble with vector works

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Mar 18 16:25:07 EDT 2010

>Hi Grass GIS community again:
>
>Still having trouble with vector works data-no matter the ending suffix shp or shx, I am still getting error messages.
>
>Sarah Moore

please give us some more information:

(1) which operating system: Windows, Linux, Mac ?
(2) which Grass-Version: Grass6.4, Grass6.5, Grass7 ?
(3) which Grass-binary are you using: selfcompiled, osgeo4w, Mac-binaries, ... ?
(4) which version/binaries of gdal/ogr are you using ?
(5) which kind of vector-data do you want to import: shapefile, dxf-data, mapinfo, ...?
(6) which command are you using: v.in.ogr, v.in.dxf, ...? (copy the message of the command output of the gui)
(7) what is exactly error message? (copy the message of the command output of the gui)

so it would be easier to give help.

best regards
Helmut
WEB.DE DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://produkte.web.de/go/02/