[GRASS-user] Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.0 RC6 published

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 11:44:58 EDT 2010

On Sat, 3/20/10, Markus Neteler wrote:
> A new, hopefully final release candidate of GRASS 6.4.0 has been
> published:
>
> Source code download:
>  http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/grass-6.4.0RC6.tar.gz
>  http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/grass-6.4.0RC6.md5sum
>
> Binary download (made available over the next days):
>  http://grass.osgeo.org/download/
>
> Highlights:
>  Since the 6.3.0 release in April 2008 almost 2,700 source code
>  modifications have been made to the 6.4.0 release branch. Between
>  6.4.0RC5 and the current 6.4.0RC6 more than 560 updates have been
>  submitted, paving the way for the upcoming stable release. Much
>  work was dedicated to the new graphical user interface and to the
>  winGRASS port.
>
> Release notes:
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/6.4.0RC6-News
>
> Thanks to all contributors.

On behalf of all the users, bug reporters, and developers, a grand thank
you to Markus & to all of you who helped make this one such a big
improvement over the last. Especially to those working to make the wxGUI
and WinGrass a respectable and reliable reality.

No doubt more bugs will be found and there are more rough edges to be
smoothed, but we're definitely well on our way.

Hamish