[GRASS-user] Uninstall

John Tate john.tate at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 29 07:37:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm going for a svn recompile (not just update), but have found little information on uninstalling grass. This is for a
previous ubuntu 32bit svn compiled install following the ubuntu compile instructions:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu

This page seems to be the only one with a reference to uninstalling I can find so far:
http://grass.itc.it/grass64/binary/linux/snapshot/README.html

Bear in mind I am still relatively new to Linux and this was my first (successful!) attempt at compiling.

Firstly, I ran 'make clean' and 'make distclean'.

Then deleted these:
/usr/local/src/grass_64svn		(source code location)
/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn		(folder)
/usr/local/bin/grass64		(file)
/home/username/.grassrc6	(file, found reference to deleting this in an old post)

Do I also need to delete these?:
/usr/local/bin/gem64			(file)
/usr/lib/grass64				(folder)

Is deletion necessary for all of these, or some, or would a recompile overwrite?
Am I missing anything obvious?

Cheers

John