[GRASS-user] Imporing shapefile to GRASS: v.in.ogr

Jim Blix blix at wiktel.com
Mon Mar 29 11:08:54 EDT 2010

I'm working on both the WinGRASS and Linux versions of GRASS. I am using the
Neteler/Mitasove text to learn the basics of GRASS. I'm using version (6.4
ORC5 2009) on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) with the old tcl/tk GUI to stay consistent
with the book.

I'm stuck in trying to import a shapefile to the GRASS vector format with
v.in.ogr. WinGRASS MSYS seems to produce a good GRASS vector file with
topology, but on the Linux platform it produces a buffer overflow message
and a display that shows only one of about 117 polygons. I've tried
launching v.in.ogr in both the gui and from the command line with the same
result. On a related note, I can't seem to get the newer GUI to launch on
the Linux platform, but I'll solve that problem later.)

My terminal dialog is in the attached file.

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4818504/terminal_output terminal_output