[GRASS-user] will r.in.gdal use GDALRasterAttributeTable elements?

Neil Best nbest at ci.uchicago.edu
Tue May 4 09:41:37 EDT 2010

I have a data set in IMG format that has a GDALRasterAttributeTable element
which contains class name metadata that would be perfect for category names,
but I don't see a way to take advantage of it right away. First of all there
are problems with the file's georeferencing such that its extents are
invalid for geographic coordinates, so I had to gdal_translate it to a VRT,
which caused the GDALRasterAttributeTable to disappear from gdalinfo's
output. Before I work on finding some other work-around any more than I
already have (to no avail) I would like to know if r.in.gdal can even take
advantage of this extra metadata in any meaningful way, namely to populate
the category labels. Thanks.