[GRASS-user] Re: Problem with running Python script in GRASS

LeeDaniel Lee.Daniel.1986 at gmail.com
Fri May 7 07:18:35 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Just a quick status update:

Being so new to the whole GRASS scene (and the Open Source scene in the
first place) but wanting very much to work with these systems, I installed
Linux and had the difficulties I described above. As an answer to the
question if anything else happened when I tried to run a Python script using
GRASS 6.4: I listed everything that happened, sadly there was no further
information that the system gave me.

I've now learned a little bit about writing shell scripts and have
successfully translated the Python script into the shell format. Now it
seems to be running without problems. It's quite a large computation, but
right now it's going great in Linux.

My other question, though, is how to get newer versions of GRASS. I also
considered going over to GRASS 7, it seems to be planned to deal a lot
better with Python, but wasn't able to find it on the official GRASS page.
Did I just overlook it, or is it available through some other source? I
found some sources in the Internet but didn't quite trust them.

Best,
Daniel