[GRASS-user] Importing Landsat images with different coordinates

Firman Hadi jalmiburung at gmail.com
Mon May 10 07:21:38 EDT 2010

On 10 May 2010, at 18:00, Jenny Turner wrote:

> Greetings
> I need to import Landsat images (r.in.gdal) to my location but, my Landsat images are in a specific Coordinate system (WGS84) that is different from mine. Could anyone explain me (briefly ) the steps to import this images?
> Thanks
> Jenny

Dear Jenny,

If your images are in TIFF, you can convert the coordinate system to the one that you have, with
gdalwarp. As an example, if my coordinate system is UTM Zone 48S (32748) and my data is in lat-long (4326), I will use gdalwarp command like this:
gdalwarp -t_srs "EPSG:32748" -s_srs "EPSG:4326" source.tif target.tif

Cheers,

Firman Hadi
Center for Remote Sensing - ITB
Jl. Ganesha No. 10,