[GRASS-user] Landsat Stack import and export

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon May 10 08:52:21 EDT 2010

2010/5/10 António Rocha <antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt>:
> Greetings
>
> Regarding the possibility of exporting an GROUp, using r.in.gldal,

r.out.gdal you mean?

> the groups are not listed in that menu. So the user cannot see the available
> groups.

g.list type=group
will list all groups

> It's still processing but IO have one question: The processing bar restarted
> at least 3 times, what is happening?

If you export a group, each raster map is exported separately, even if
they all end up in one file. If you use r.out.gdal --verbose, there
would be several messages like

Exporting raster map <raster_name> (band <number>)...

and for each, the progress bar starts anew.

> Because it file, now, it seems that
> it's not "growing". Is it doing some file-check or something?

Depending on the grass version you are using, there might be some
checks first to prevent potential data loss (latest 6.4+).

Note that r.out.gdal uses the current computational region (resolution
and extends) for export.

Markus M