[GRASS-user] Call an external function from GRASS-Pythons Scripts

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 17 19:14:40 EDT 2010

Martin Landa:

Markus Neteler:
> >> I would strongly advise against that (see '90s archive for some damages
> >> and OSGeo list archive too and others):
> >>
> >> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> >> http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html
> >>
> >> It is too risky. I have been asked several times in the past to remove
> >> posting from a list archive which is not only a PITA but also a can
> >> or worms (think censorship; which message to delete, which not etc.).

Nikos Alexandris
> > I just read about this past debate. So, it is always better to use the
> > "Reply to Mailing-List" button (KMail here)?

Markus Neteler:
> I don't know such button... (no KMail knowledge).

Nikos Alexandris:

Markus Neteler wrote:
> But "Reply-to-All" for the list and the "Reply-to" for personal messages
> is perfect! Just go on. Nothing changed. I suggested to not change anything
> :)

Nothing important, just for the records.

Reading (again) this thread: I extracted from the respective "debate" (I mean
the links posted by MarkusN [1][2]) that the "Reply to Mailing-List" button
(at least in KMail) adds some "special" header or something like that which is
the correct way to _reply_ in the list.

In addition, in the past I had asked Markus to remove some posts of mine (due
to a silly mistake) which was a really time-consuming and difficult process
(judging by Markus replies back then -- but I am so grateful he helped me out
-- thanks again Markus).

So, I felt for a moment bad thinking that I could have brought even more
problems in the list. Nevermind, it is good to know that there are no problems
using the Reply-to-All button.

Nikos

---
[1] <http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html>