[GRASS-user] export as eps/svg ind grass7?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 11:54:37 EDT 2010

Achim wrote:

> I know that it is not possible in grass65,

no my friend, it is available:   d.out.file

   format   Graphics file format

And of course v.out.svg.

See d.mon for details on the Cairo and PS (PostScript) drivers
which are another way to go.

and of course ps.map or ps.output PostScipt [-> PDF] -> Inkscape is
great if you need print quality output.

> but can one export the graphics display to svg or eps in grass7
> (from gui-display)?

there is a save-as pull down menu in the map display. I can't remember
what's on it except that GeoTiff is on the planned feature list.

> Alternatively I would like to load my workspace settings to
> a xmon in order to export from there. Is that possible?
> (I really dont want to rebuild the layer settings from the
> shell again ;-) )

GRASS 7 doesn't have xmons, but the PS and Cairo drivers there are
much better than in GRASS 6. (mostly the xmons hold them back in grass 6)

good luck,
Hamish