[GRASS-user] v.split length

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 03:05:49 EDT 2010

Markus wrote:
> I just though: if v.distance can do it (also fractal
> perhaps), then v.split could be enriched...

( v.distance, v.to.db, and v.what all (conditionally) use Vect_line_geodesic_length() when the location is lat/lon )

ok, so maybe in future we could have a Vect_line_length2() which called either
Vect_line_cartesian_length() or Vect_line_geodesic_length() depending
on the result of (G_projection() == PROJECTION_LL), much like G_distance()
does already.

then less if/else coding in the modules, right?

Hamish