[GRASS-user] export as eps/svg ind grass64rc6 - grass7 ??

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed May 26 09:50:50 EDT 2010

GRASS GIS development is currently driven by a relatively
small number of people, some of them working on GRASS only
in their spare time. And most of them have their focus on
areas other than map production GUIs.

So your best bet to get new functionality into the system
that you/someone you know needs is to raise
some funding and hire a programmer to do the job.

There seems to be almost unlimited money floating around for
renting ridiculously expensive proprietary licenses, so
surely, there must be some to invest into open source GIS
development?

Alternatively, there are many more open source GIS apps
that can be used (in combination with GRASS) to cover any
functionality gaps. E.g. Quantum GIS, OpenJUMP and gvSIG
all have easy-to-use map printing facilities.
Quantum GIS already has a GRASS interface and the same is
currently in the works for gvSIG (via the SEXTANTE tools).

Best,

Ben