[GRASS-user] Georrectify images without a coordinate system

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu May 27 09:12:01 EDT 2010

Gilbert Ferrara:
> I have a couple of images, without any coordinates information, that I need
> to georrectify using GRASS and a georrectified image. My main concern is
> regarding r.in.gdal with -o option: If I do this, will it change my image
> resolution or extent?

No.  This "flag" is to be used if the user _knows_ that the datasource is
defined in the same reference system as the target (grass-)LOCATION (despite
error messages when trying to import normally).

Anyhow, unreferenced material should be imported in an XY (non-geospatially
defined) LOCATION.

Regards, Nikos

---
fyi: <http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Georeferencing>