[GRASS-user] Re: Trying python scripts.

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Sun May 30 18:28:28 EDT 2010

This is a script that I wrote this morning to grab the latest 6.4 svn
sources and the addons, and then compile the addons that I want and
install grass.  the sources are checked out to
~/sources/grass/grass64_release and ../grass-addons.  I don't know if
you are on *nix, but this has made me a happy camper.  Any tweaks to
this would be helpful if there is a glaring error in my logic, but is
did work.
kindest regards,

Stephen

###bash script below###
#!/bin/bash

sudo -v

#change when major version number changes
grass_dir='grass64_release'

#get latest GRASS Sources
svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4
/home/$USER/source/grass/$grass_dir

#get latest grass-addons
svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons
/home/$USER/source/grass/grass-addons

cd /home/$USER/source/grass/$grass_dir

#ubuntu configuration for Grass 6.5
CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure \
     --with-libs=/usr/lib64 \
     --with-cxx --with-freetype=yes \
     --with-postgres=no --with-sqlite=yes --enable-largefile=yes \
     --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.4 \
     --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
     --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.6-config \
     --with-wxwidgets=yes \
     --with-nls --enable-largefile \
     --with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj \
     --with-readline \
     --with-cairo

make -j4

cd /home/$USER/source/grass/grass-addons/raster
cp -r r.stream* /home/$USER/source/grass/$grass_dir/raster
cd /home/$USER/source/grass/$grass_dir/raster

#make r.stream* modules
folders=$(ls | grep r.stream)
for k in $folders ; do
cd $k
make -j4
cd /home/$USER/source/grass/$grass_dir/raster
done

cd /home/$USER/source/grass/$grass_dir

sudo make install