[GRASS-user] Re: g.extension (e.g. to install i.landsat.toar)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 2 13:27:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Gabriele N. <gis.gn at libero.it> wrote:

> Hi Markus.
> I have installed grass-dev but now there is another problem (there is a
> problem of permissions for the folder creation and does not solve if I
> create the folder before launching g.extension):
>
>> g.extension i.landsat.toar
> Fetching <i.landsat.toar> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
> A    i.landsat.toar/landsat_set.c
> A    i.landsat.toar/local_proto.h
> A    i.landsat.toar/main.c
> A    i.landsat.toar/description.html
> A    i.landsat.toar/landsat.c
> A    i.landsat.toar/earth_sun.c
> A    i.landsat.toar/landsat.h
> A    i.landsat.toar/landsat_met.c
> A    i.landsat.toar/Makefile
> A    i.landsat.toar/earth_sun.h
>  U   i.landsat.toar
> Estratta revisione 44172.
> Compiling <i.landsat.toar>...
> mkdir -p /build/buildd/grass-6.4.0/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/include/grass
> mkdir: impossibile creare la directory
> `/build/buildd/grass-6.4.0/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu': Permesso negato
> make: *** [/build/buildd/grass-6.4.0/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/include/grass]
> Errore 1
> ERRORE: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

I have fixed this 1-2 weeks ago (for 6.4.1 and later). Please get the
updated script here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/scripts/g.extension/

and try again with this version. You can simply replace the one you have with
this one or rename it or whatever you prefer.
Please let me know if it helps (maybe more tweaks are needed but we are getting
closer!).

Cheers
Markus