[GRASS-user] Re: Using v.colors in WinGRASS

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 10 02:20:44 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
>>Sorry, not related to whitespace, wingrass installations on German
>>systems have no whitespace in the path,
>
> at least at WinVista and above there is whitespace in the path if you have
> installed software in c:\Programme, because this is just an alias for C:\Program Files

OK, but this error also happens on a German XP if scripts are in
C:\Programme\GRASS-64-SVN\scripts, no whitespace there.

Further on, why would whitespace be a problem when calling scripts
while C modules e.g. in C:\Program Files\GRASS-64-SVN\scripts are
successfully executed from within scripts?

On wingrass, the scripts folder is not included in the path because
there are wrappers for scripts in bin, e.g. bin\v.db.addcol.bat, which
are supposed to be called instead of the scripts themselves in the
scripts folder. My wild guess is that this has something to do with
the reported error.

my 0.2c

Markus M