[GRASS-user] Re: Need some help in converting a contour map to DEM map...

nikmor nikhil_morajkar at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 04:20:11 EST 2010

Hello sir

I am very thankful to all who helped me, I have got the correct output after
setting the resolution and running v.surf.rst. I am attaching the nviz view
of the DEM after exagerating it.Now I am looking forward to drape an aerial
image of the same area on the DEM that I have got. In order to do this I
loaded the DEM map and then draped the imported aerial map (imported using
r.in.gdal, but that single jpeg image(satimage.jpg) got imported into 3
different maps namely satimage.red, satimage.green, satimage.blue, therefore
is just draped only one of it on the DEM). The output view that I get seems
okay but its too dark (black and white-- please see the attachment), though
the original aerial image was colourful which I had imported. Why is it
happening so?? Can any one help me with this.

regards
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5731657/iit_grass_images.tar.gz
iit_grass_images.tar.gz
Nikhil