[GRASS-user] i.smap and NULL (Landsat 7)

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:00:26 EST 2010

Dear Grass List,

I am trying to do radiometric classifications on Landsat 7 SLC-Off imagery
(i.e. it has lots of NULL data).  My question is regarding i.smap.  The
documentation says:

"The module i.smap does not support MASKed or NULL cells. Therefore it might
be necessary to create a copy of the classification results using e.g.
r.mapcalc."

Does this mean i.smap will not work correctly with Landsat 7 SLC-Off
imagery?  When I try i.gensigset and i.smap I get results, but I'm not sure
if I can trust them due to the disclaimer.

Thanks for any help or advice,

Nick