[GRASS-user] TRMM (3B43) handling

nikos vesnikos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 10:02:39 EST 2010

forgot the link:

ftp://pps.gsfc.nasa.gov/trmmdata/ByDate/V06/2006/10/01/3B43.061001.6.HDF.gz

 Hey list,

I'm battling to import the 43b3 Product (TRMM perspiration + other
sources)  for more than 5 hours into grass without any success.

gdalinfo doesnt list any list any subsets :(

I only had some minor victories with  `ncdump-hdf` (dumbing the actual
data and then r.in.ascii) but I had problems truncating the actual data
from the metadata.
Im sure there must be a way, any suggestions if you had any work
experience is more than welcome

ps

here's a 4b43 product to play with if you feel like it

Best regards

Ves Nikos