[GRASS-user] Re:Using v.colors in WinGRASS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 02:56:44 EST 2010

Hi,

2010/11/14 Luisa Peña <luisapena1979 at gmail.com>:
>>well, please keep in mind that we have not enough manpower to maintain
>>the same scripts in two languages. So please developers, maintain
>>primary Python scripts! Don't waste your time with GRASS 6. Forget
>>about bash scripts. Windows users please consider some problems using
>>GRASS 6 because of bash scripts which are pain on Windows.
> Hey... I'm working on winGRASS and, as long as v.colors works I'm ok. As a
> matter of fact I'0m using only Py Scripts on 6.4.0 and I cannot complain
> (except on the Windows-paths inputs). So, please, how can I put v.colors
> working on 6.4.1? (I really need that). any suggestion?

download manually Python scripts v.colors [1] and v.db.addcolumn [2]
and integrate them to your GRASS 6 installation. You have of course
more possibilities

1) use developers GRASS 7 or wait for GRASS 7.0 (~year)
2) fix Bash scripts on Windows (keep in mind that these fixes will
disappear in GRASS7 because it uses Python)
3) force developers to replace bash scripts with Python in GRASS 6

Martin

[1] https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/scripts/v.colors/
[2] https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/scripts/v.db.addcolumn/