[GRASS-user] How to delete deadends?

Patrick_schirmer patrick_GIS at gmx.ch
Mon Nov 15 11:48:59 EST 2010

Thanks Markus and Hamish,

Unfortunately v.clean rmdangle will not work for me. With Threshhold<0
it deletes more or less all lines, otherwise none. I guess it is because
the "nests" of lines consist of 4-20 lines and are all seperated from
each other.
Per defintion a line "is considered to be a dangle if no other line of
given /type/ is on at least one end node" (documentation v.clean
rmdangle). As I am searching for lines that have exactly one line as sum
of all connecting node, this tool doesn't help.

I will try to solve the problem by creating points out of the line
(nodes), buffering the points and delete the ones intersecting only one
line. But I still hope that there is a more direct solution to delete
the line as a geometry.

So if there are any other suggestions I would be happy about.
I'll keep you up to date in case I find a solution.

Cheers, Patrick